Pumpkin party went okay. It was cold, and had to deal with the father-in-law following us around and telling crazy stories.
Look how happy Stewie was to be carving a pumpkin:
I tried to use a template and failed, turned the pumpkin and tried again, failed, and finally turned it to another side and just did the pumpkin I always carve. It's on the right here. The kids had already taken their pumpkins and gone home by the time I took pics, so it's just the last couple left.
Here's some video I took. Nothing like trying to keep focus with a DSLR at night in the dark.
And here's a pic of the kids with pumpkins from my wife's camera:
Anyway, had to work early in the morning. Kept my sunglasses on the whole time but got through it.
Came home and laid down, figuring the wife would come home and wake me up, and we'd get ready to go out. Only, I woke up and it was dark out. I walk out and it's already 7:30pm and the wife is sleeping on the couch.
We chat it over and decide, for the first time since we've been together, to skip going out for the Halloween weekend. That's right, for the first time in like twenty years I'm not going out in costume and getting drunk. Yep, another sign of getting old.
We went out to dinner and came home. I made her watch Halloween III which she's never seen. Not sure she liked it. Looks great on Blu though.
Also in the past couple of days I put away:
- The Collection - mediocre. Suffers from the same unbelievable stuff the first one did, but it had some cool stuff to it.
- Bay of Blood - Don't think I ever caught this Bava one, but it's not one of his better ones IMO. The dude was D.O.P., which I'm not sure was the norm, and he is just insane with the zooms. Zoom in as a guy pays for gas, then zoom back out as he drives off. Pretty pointless. That shit ain't making the scene any more exciting, Mario buddy.
- My Amityville Horror - Couldn't get past the 15 minute mark. BORING.
- Maniac remake - not bad. Pretty sleazy, well done, but ultimately not the kind of horror I'm into. However, there's one spectacular shot toward the end that I have no idea how they did. Gotta be some sort of CGI trick, but it's awesome.
- Grave Encounters 2 - more of the same as GE1, but it's not bad. If you like found footage, there's definitely worse out there.
- The Last Man - not horror, but I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic movies. It was okay. More of a character study/drama than anything, but Jeri Ryan is pretty hot(pre-Star Trek).
- Tank - Was on Netflix and I vaguely remember seeing it. Still a pretty fun flick.
Also, I have been amazingly lax about that Halloween script I started last year. Tis the season to write it. Soon as Xmas gets here I am done doing Halloween things, and my writing process stops on them.
I cranked out ten pages, but the last two don't feel right. I think I'm going in the wrong direction. May have to back it up a bit.