Thursday, November 02, 2017

Fuck ALL that shit...



Called the whole shoot off. Feels pretty good, actually.

See, did I mention that one actress who auditioned for TWO segments(not including this one) and that I cast in this segment based on those two auditions--she's gone MIA. Couple weeks ago I'd asked if she was available for this coming weekend, and she said yes.

We've heard nothing since.

Zig thought she'd responded to his original emails when I put him on the job, but she hadn't.

I tried today to recast the role at the last minute, but couldn't get someone. Good news for my brother, cuz he's got a free camera for the weekend to go out and shoot whatever he wants. Better news for me, cuz I guess I can go see Thor this weekend, plus there's a PPV UFC fight I was gonna have to miss.

I'm gonna stop sweating this segment, as it's clearly cursed. I'll shoot it in the spring, you know? Meanwhile I'll work on the putting together the rest of the flick. People ask me--"So when's it gonna come out?"

And I have to reply, "I have no fucking idea."

-----

Went out to a party with the wife last night. Lotta young people there. I put together a last minute costume--grabbed one of the many vintage clown outfits I have, and because I didn't want to put on greasepaint--I just grabbed a latex mask we used in GOH.

And let me tell you--this thing TERRIFIED people. Kids didn't wanna come into my yard. My wife didn't want to look at me.

I wish I had someone qualified to take a picture with a real camera so you could see it well, but here's two pics of it from a shitty iphone:

The first pic is from the party. The 2nd pic is at my house beforehand, and before I actually put on the big red clown shoes, which made walking around pretty tough.

This is most of the people at the party toward the end. You can sorta see me there in the back.
But seriously, if I figure out a story to do with my S&M Clown, I may totally do it. Why not?

Meanwhile, I successfully did the 31 day challenge. Here they are, with some small commentary after each.
1) Cult of Chucky - Decent fun, but you gotta see the previous one or you'll be pretty lost
2) Prom Night 2 - A fun 80's horror flick. Had never seen it.
3) Hell House llc - not bad for found footage. Had some cool parts, and bonus for being set near Halloween.
4) Don't Kill It - Pretty so so
5) Young Frankenstein - Man, I forgot how hot Terri Garr was...and did she just stop acting?
6) Little Evil - Didn't impress me. Not funny or scary for the most part
7) Demonic - Pretty by-the-book horror flick
8) Rec 4 - decent if predictable for the most part. Doesn't end like the "finale" of the series that it claims to be.
9) The Reaping - funny, I'd never seen this. It was okay. Had Charlie Brewster from Fright Night in it.
10) Old 37 - Pretty run of the mill with a terrible ending
11) The Barn - I don't wanna bag on this too much, cuz these guys are basically in my realm of budget, but I don't get what all the acclaim is about. The script is BAD, man, which I could forgive if it had a lot of good gore, but it doesn't. The pumpkin guy looks cool and the miner is okay, but the      scarecrow is really bad. Dunno.
12) Friday the 13th Part 4 - Still fun.
13) The Babysitter - This was one weird movie, but I liked it. Funny, quirky horror flick.
14) We Are Still Here - Decent little haunted house movie with some familiar faces.
15) Saw 2 - haven't seen it in a long time. Still pretty entertaining.
16) Happy Death Day - Mediocre, but not bad.
17) Pumpkinhead - one of my favorites
18) The Bat -- so so, little goofy with how it's aged
19) Death Spa - Fun, ridiculous 80's movie. (it was technically released in 1990)
20) Dark Places - Turns out, not so much a horror film. Not very interesting either.
21) Boys In The Trees - Boring. Set on Halloween, so I was hoping it would be good. Gave up at the halfway mark. Still counting it.
22) 1922 - I don't remember this story--can't remember if I read it or not. But I enjoyed the Netflix original adaptation.
23) Residue - Some new movie on Netflix. Not good.
24) Halloweed - So dumb, but somehow has a ridiculous charm anyway. I wasn't even stoned, but if I had been it probably would have been a lot of fun.
25) The Incubus - Mildly interesting little 80's flick. Not great, but probably would have really liked it had I seen it when I was 11.
26) Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 - You may find this hard to believe, but I've never seen this flick. I'm not much of a fan of the first film so I never gave this a shot. It's not terrible, but is too goofy for my tastes on the whole. And this Leatherface sucks compared to Gunnar's...
27) Saw 3D The Final Chapter - I'd just said I hadn't seen this, and it's on Netflix so I figured what the hell? It's okay, though I was a little lost because I can't remember the convoluted mess of the storyline after 2. But of note--the director of this one is the editor of every Saw movie EVER.
28) The Rezort - Been in my queue for a while, finally got around to checking it out. It's okay, but you know how some people are like "I'm so sick of the  zombie genre?" Well, I'm not, but I am getting tired of the subset of that, which is people running from point A to point B while being chased by zombies.  Obviously it can be done well--Train to Busan just did it, but for the most part it's getting old...
29) Cabin Fever 2 - Still fun. And hard to believe it's a Ti West movie, because stuff actually HAPPENS in this movie! Hell, more happens in the first 5 minutes of this movie than in ALL his other movies combined...
30) Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein - Loved this as a kid. Still enjoy it.
31) Halloween - I really wish I had time to watch part 2 right after it, but I crammed this in at 2:30am Halloween night. It's one of those movies I wish I could go back and see for the first time again.

Anyway, relaxing. I'm gonna finally get around to cleaning up all my equipment that's been lying around. I have to figure a place to store this Fountain, and some of my other props...

No comments: